The diagram below indicates the required distances for your footpath trading activities.
- Before you can apply for your permit you will need to ensure that you have current Public Liability Insurance for at least $10 million and supply a Certificate of Currency. You will be able to get this from your insurer.
- Unless your permit indicates otherwise, you will need to ensure that any signage, outdoor furniture or goods display is brought in at the end of each day.
- When setting up your business, consider the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 to ensure that your business is fully accessible to all your customers. Adhering to the Footpath Trading Policy will ensure that pedestrians have clear access on the footpath.
- If you are applying for an A-Frame sign it must not be more than 20m from your business.
- You must display your permit at all times.
Most importantly, when you apply for a permit you will be asked to acknowledge that you understand the Footpath Trading Policy. If you have any queries, the policy is available in full by clicking this link(PDF, 3MB), or you can call 1300 BAW BAW and speak to one of our Compliance Officers.