The 2019/20 Fire Hazard Inspection program will commence when the Fire Danger Period has been declared. For more information, visit the Fire Hazard Inspection Program information page.
For more information specifically about long grass on rural properties, please visit the Long Grass on Rural Land page.
Bushfire and grassfires are a part of the landscape. They are more likely and a higher risk during the warmer months. It is impossible to totally avoid them, however, as a community everyone can prepare to reduce the risk and impact of a fire. During this time it is important that everyone complies with the fire restrictions.
Fire awareness and preparedness information is available from many sources including:
You are encouraged to seek out the information that is appropriate for you.
We recommend you consider the following when preparing for the bushfire season:
- Learn about the bushfire prone areas
- Develop a bushfire plan for your assets i.e home, farm, or business
- Learn about fire prevention and what you need to do
- Download the VicEmergency App and set your watch zones
- Listen to local weather forecasts and reports