The Baw Baw Information Network provides Emergency Services with real-time notifications and access to each location to view conditions.
The sensors enables Emergency Services to;
- Rapidly respond with a clear understanding of the event as it unfolds;
- Strategically position ground and aerial resources at the most effective locations;
- Maintain real-time awareness of changes in wind speed and direction to stay ahead of the event;
- Reduce the risk of burn over and health impacts to first responders by continuous tracking, personnel, conditions, the fire front and flood zones;
- Measure air composition for smoke, particulates and gases and location to reduce health impact on first responders and the general public.
The Baw Baw Information Network also features 24-hour fire ignition detection with instant notification sent to local emergency services, first responders, Baw Baw Shire Council and Attentis®. Notifications can also be forwarded to residents, via the Attentis® App and; Watch & Act notifications via Emergency Services and the Baw Baw Shire Council.