Sporting Clubs and Recreation Facilities
Important update: In line with the current government regulations to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all Council Recreation Reserves (including buildings) are closed for public bookings until further notice.
Bookings of clubrooms and social spaces for any purpose are no longer permitted, and any existing bookings will need to be cancelled
Informal outdoor group training is discouraged, however individual exercise once per day is encouraged within social distancing parameters.
Clubs using recreation reserve facilities are advised to:
- Turn off any unnecessary appliances to save on electricity costs
- Ensure doors are locked and facilities are secured
- Ensure clubs remove any alcohol and valuables from buildings
- Make periodic drive-by checks on the facilities.
- Report any vandalism to facilities by first calling the police and then advising Council
Baw Baw Shire has a broad mixture of sporting and recreational facilities, which includes a balance between active and passive recreation.
Council provides the following recreation services to the community:
- Aquatic and Leisure Centres
- Reserves/Sporting Fields (Facility Hiring Services)
- Halls and Pavilions
- Grant Schemes
- Facility Development
- Recreation Planning