Council's Waste Management Plan
The Baw Baw Shire Council Waste Management Plan 2021-2025 provides direction for delivering effective and sustainable waste management for Baw Baw over the next five years (2021-2025 inclusive).
The plan has been developed to align with the Gippsland Waste and Resource Recovery Implementation Plan 2017 (Gippsland Implementation Plan) as required under the Victorian waste planning framework, as well as other policies, regulations and community views. The plan focuses on key areas that are within the control of Baw Baw Shire Council including kerbside collection services, waste and recycling facilities, public place waste and community education, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
The WMP also details a 5 year Action Plan that targets:
- Waste avoidance and minimisation
- Community education and engagement
- Collection and recovery
- Waste and recycling facilities
- Industry trends
- Funding opportunities
- Performance and monitoring
You can download the Waste Management Plan here.(PDF, 3MB)
The State Government’s Recycling Victoria: a new economy (Recycling Victoria) policy and 10-year action plan was release in February 2020. The policy and action plan will deliver a cleaner, greener Victoria with less waste and pollution, better recycling, more jobs and a stronger economy.
In accordance with Recycling Victoria, Council is committed to:
- Provide a Food Organics Garden Organics (FOGO) kerbside collection service by 2030
- Provide a separate recovery system for glass by 2027, and
- Upgrade kerbside bin lids to be consistent with the specified colours (Garbage – red, Commingled Recyclables – yellow, FOGO – green, Glass – purple).
To find out more please visit: