Rates Concessions


Rates Concessions are available under certain circumstances.

Rates concessions are available for some pensioners and veterans, find out if you are eligible and apply below.

Pension and Veteran Affairs Card Concession

You could be eligible for a concession on your municipal rates and charges if you have one of the following:

  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
  • Department Veteran Affairs Gold Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • Department Veteran Affairs Gold Card - War Widow (WW).

To be eligible for a concession, your address on your card must match the property address and mailing address on your rates notice, and you must live at the property.

Complete the application form below.

Previous Years Rebate 

You may also be eligible for a rebate for the previous year. You will need to have lived at the property and held a pension or Veteran Affairs card in that year. You are only entitled to the previous year. An application form will need to be completed and eligibility will be determined by Department of Human Services. If entitled your rates account will be credited and you will be notified via mail. You can contact the Rates team to discuss on 5624 2411.