Longwarry Saleyards Proposal
- A pre-application process for the proposed development commenced in 2019. Council officers provided feedback on the information provided by the applicant, including where they thought additional information should be provided.
- The planning application was submitted to Council on 17 January 2020.
- A joint advertising process with Environment Projection Authority (EPA) commenced on 29 January 2020, which included letters to property owners and occupiers located within 500 metres of the subject site, advertisements in the local paper and signs on site for at least 21 days.
- EPA hosted an information session on 13 February at Longwarry Public Hall. They were accompanied by representatives from Longwarry Saleyards Pty Ltd. and Baw Baw Shire Council.
- EPA provided a referral response to Council on 4 March 2020, objecting to the application as a determining referral authority.
- Council officers prepared a report for the 8 April Council meeting requesting that the application be refused. Council has deferred making a decision on the application up until 30 September 2020. To see the minutes of this meeting, please go to the Agendas and Minutes page.
- Council received amended plans pursuant to s57A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Plans have been re-referred to internal and external authorities for comment.
Updated: Monday 5 October 2020.
It is possible that the application will be considered by Council at the Council Meeting to be held on 14 October 2020 at 5.30pm in the West Gippsland Arts Centre, Corner of Albert and Smith Street in Warragul.
Due to restrictions in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Council Meetings are currently closed to the public but may be viewed via online live stream.
If the matter is to be heard at the 14th October Council Meeting, the officer report will be included in the Council Meeting Agenda published on Friday 9th October.
Council has entered its Election Period, however submissions on Planning Applications listed on the agenda can still be received. Submissions need to be received 48 hours prior to the Council Meeting, using the form on Council’s website, and will be provided to all Councillors prior to the meeting. Submissions will be recorded in the Council Minutes, in accordance with Council’s Governance Rules submissions may not be read out in the Council Meeting.