Longwarry Saleyards Proposal
- A pre-application process for the proposed development commenced in 2019. Council officers provided feedback on the information provided by the applicant, including where they thought additional information should be provided.
- The planning application was submitted to Council on 17 January 2020.
- A joint advertising process with Environment Projection Authority (EPA) commenced on 29 January 2020, which included letters to property owners and occupiers located within 500 metres of the subject site, advertisements in the local paper and signs on site for at least 21 days.
- EPA hosted an information session on 13 February at Longwarry Public Hall. They were accompanied by representatives from Longwarry Saleyards Pty Ltd. and Baw Baw Shire Council.
- EPA provided a referral response to Council on 4 March 2020, objecting to the application as a determining referral authority.
- Council officers prepared a report for the 8 April Council meeting requesting that the application be refused. Council has deferred making a decision on the application up until 30 September 2020. To see the minutes of this meeting, please go to the Agendas and Minutes page.
- Council received amended plans pursuant to s57A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. Plans have been re-referred to internal and external authorities for comment.
Council has issued a Notice of Decision to grant a planning application. The decision has since been appealed at VCAT. A compulsory conference has been set for 25 February 2021 and a hearing is scheduled for 2-5, 9-12, 16-19 & 23-25th August 2021.