At the 25 August 2021 Council meeting, Council noted the draft concept masterplans and placed the McGlone, Weebar, Dollarburn and Lillico sporting reserve plans on public exhibition. Council also agreed to undertake further investigation work regarding the Spring Creek sporting reserve in Warragul.
A six-week community consultation period was undertaken, commencing on 26 August 2021 and concluding on 7 October 2021. There were 25 formal submissions received.
The key high-level themes from the submissions included:
- Protection of native vegetation;
- Desire to have multi-use facilities/flexible spaces;
- Connectivity in terms of pathways, access to schools etc;
- The need for more space at each site to allow for future growth and expansion;
- Suitability of the sites for sport e.g shape, proximity to waterways, native vegetation, wetlands etc;
- Vehicle parking;
- Need for play spaces; and,
- Comments on existing recreation reserves/facilities- opportunities and limitations.
After considering all submissions, a range of changes were been made to the sporting reserve concept masterplans.(PDF, 55KB)