Public Interest Disclosures


At Baw Baw Shire, we are committed to the aims and objectives of the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 (the Act). We do not tolerate improper conduct by our employees, officers or members, or any retaliation against anyone who makes a disclosure of improper conduct. 

What should I include? 

When making a disclosure it is important for the person to state that it is their intention to lodge a Public Interest Disclosure. Disclosers should also provide the following: 

  • What is the alleged improper conduct? 

  • What are the grounds for believing that the conduct occurred? 

  • Any supporting documentation.  

How do I make a disclosure? 

Disclosures of improper conduct or detrimental action by Council, its employees or a person acting on behalf of Council, may be made to: 
The Public Interest Disclosure Coordinator  

A disclosure about improper conduct or detrimental action by Council or its employees may also be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC). You can make a disclosure to IBAC in person, in writing, by telephone or by email. Details on making a disclosure to the IBAC are available from their website or by calling 1300 735 135.

For more information about Public Interest Disclosures and how we handle them, please download our Public Interest Disclosure Policy found in the related information panel on this page.