Council Meeting Snapshot - Wednesday 14 September 2022
Published on 14 September 2022
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council’s Wednesday 14 September Council meeting.
Planning and Development
Planning Scheme Amendment C145
Council moved to:
- Note the submissions received to Baw Baw Planning Scheme Amendment C145;
- Authorise officers to request the Minister for Planning to appoint a Panel under Section 153 of the Act to consider submissions;
- Pursuant to Section 23 of the Act, refer the submissions to an independent Planning Panel appointed under Part 8 of the Act; and,
- Write to all the submitters to Amendment C145 to advise them of Council's decision.
Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022 - 2030
Council adopted the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022-2030.
Council noted the results of community consultation on the draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022-2030 and the changes made to the document as a result of feedback and that the Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022-2030 replaces and rescinds the previous Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2018-2022 and the Environmental Sustainability Policy.
Governance and Information Services
1 Saleyards Road , Trafalgar – Sale to ReTyre Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd
Council, pursuant to Section 114 of the Local Government Act 2020, moved to enter into a private treaty to sell the property known as 1 Saleyards Road, Trafalgar, Victoria 3824, being the land in certificate of title volume 11595 folio 576 to the current tenant ReTyre Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd for the agreed sale price of $335,000.00 plus GST;
Council moved to authorise the Chief Executive Officer to sign the required documents to finalise the sale and noted that the sale has been advertised for public comment for a period of 28 days from 24 April 2022 - 24 May 2022 pursuant to Councils Community Engagement Policy
Delegation Review and Update
Council resolved to;
- Execute the proposed revised S5 Instrument of Delegation, Council to the Chief Executive Officer;
- Execute the proposed S6 Instrument of Delegation, Council to members of Council staff; and,
- Note the revised Baw Baw Shire Council Delegation Guidelines.
Governance Rules - Post-Consultation
Council adopted the revised Governance Rules and Election Period Policy, which have been modified in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020 and placed on public exhibition from 29 July and 19 August 2022 in accordance with Council's Community Engagement Policy.
Council acknowledge those that made a submission and thank them for their contributions.
- Councillor Goss tabled a General Business Motion requesting a report on the option to cease its membership of One Gippsland by no later than 28 September 2022. There were several speakers debating this motion, and it was lost 5-4.
- Council also passed a Bereavement Motion for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, and Councillor Cook spoke about the Queen’s visit to Warragul in 1954.
Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened Council Meetings to members of the public.
Bookings are encouraged. Please visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au/About-Council/Council-Meetings to book.
All Council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the Council website for viewing.
The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.