The project will be delivered in three stages as follows:
Stage 1 - Construction of a new car park
Construction of a new 186 space (including 4 accessible bays) car park will begin early in 2022. The car park is expected to be complete by May 2022.
Stage 2 -Pavilion construction
Construction of a new multi-use community space with technology and flexibility to make the space suitable for a variety of activities, gatherings and community uses. The pavilion will include:
- A commercial kitchen and servery.
- New storage spaces.
- Four new player change rooms with access to inclusive amenities.
- Two official's rooms with amenities.
- First aid room.
- Office/meeting room.
- Two canteens.
- Addition of carpark drop off zone.
- Improvements to open space landscaping.
Stage 3 - Demolition of existing buildings
Removal of the existing buildings, with the Rumble Pavilion subject to the outcome of a future Council decision.
The project is expected to be complete by May 2023, and will be celebrated with an official opening. The above timeframes are subject to change.