In line with the Ministerial Announcement of 9 April 2020, Council will defer the adoption of the 2020/21 Annual Budget to 26 August 2020. To facilitate community consultation, a draft Annual Budget, Long Term Infrastructure Plan and Council Plan Annual Review will be made available for public review between 25 June and 23 July 2020.
Council Plan 2017-2021
The Council Plan(PDF, 8MB) represents a four year road map for the Council, and describes the key services and priorities that Council will focus on between 2017 and 2021.
In developing the Council Plan, Council has considered:
- Council’s long term planning, including Long Term Infrastructure Plan(PDF, 2MB) and Long Term Financial Strategies(PDF, 1MB).
- Community and Councillor planning workshops held to identify the key issues Council needs to consider in developing the Council Plan.
- Responses made to a community survey on what the community values and wants for the future.
- Emerging issues, challenges and opportunities facing the community, the shire and the region.
- Community needs and aspirations for the future as expressed in the BawBaw 2050 community vision.
- Council’s role, and organisation capacity and capability over the next four years.
Council's Strategic Objectives
The four objectives of the Council Plan(PDF, 8MB), which together will drive Council’s planning, major projects and service delivery over the four years 2017 - 2021, are:
- Vibrant communities.
- Thriving economy.
- Safe and sustainable environments.
- Organisational excellence.
Under each of these, Council has identified the services it will deliver and a number of four-year strategies to achieve the objectives and the outcomes that council is wanting to achieve.
- Quality community focused services, facilities and infrastructure to support a growing community.
- Managing Baw Baw’s growth and development.
- A vibrant, healthy and inclusive community.
- Thriving town centres, rural and remote communities.
- Supporting innovative, thriving and sustainable local business and industry providing local employment.
Safe and Sustainable Environment
- Protecting and sustainably managing Baw Baw’s environment.
- Efficient roads, transport and parking.
- Community safety and protection.
- Preparing for the impacts and consequences of climate change and extreme events.
- Innovative, community focused and future ready.
- Positive leadership, advocacy and decision making around shared goals.
- Providing community benefit by effectively managing council’s resources and finances.
- Staff who are supported to ensure they are effective, safe and skilled in the workplace.
Council will identify annual initiatives against each of the objectives which will be included in the annual Budget.
The Council Plan also includes the Strategic Resource Plan, which identifies the financial resources that will be required over the next four years in order to achieve the Council Plan objectives.
Reporting our performance
Council regularly reports its performance in its quarterly reports, Annual Report and Performance Statements, which are published to Council’s website.
Council also publishes its annual performance against the Local Government Performance Reporting Framework on the State Government Know Your Council website
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure our documents are accessible and compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, some documents cannot be converted to completely adhere to these guidelines. This may include documents that were not created by Council or directly supplied to Council in an electronic format, as well as any documents that are subject to frequent and substantial changes.
If you wish to access Council documents that are not AA Accessible, or that are not available, on this website, you can contact our Community Information and Service team by phone on 5624 2411, send an online enquiry, or visit a Customer Service Centre for further assistance.
Additionally, some pages on this website include hyperlinks to external/other sites. Council does not accept responsibility or liability for the contents of any information or documents provided by outside sites through these links, nor does it assume any legal responsibility for degree of accessibility or the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of the information in the links.