As our community responds with precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, many local businesses are feeling the impacts.
Council is currently working through ways we can assist directly with things like rates, fees and charges. We’re also advocating to other levels of Government for the need for assistance with rates relief.
To encourage our local community, we have started introducing Be Kind to Business Baw Baw initiative.
In the face of the current challenges, it has been amazing to see local businesses and residents respond to changing situations so quickly. By supporting local businesses where we can, we are all helping to keep our economy resilient and ready to bounce back.
Here are some helpful tips to share with your customers to support them to Be Kind to Business in Baw Baw:
- Buy a gift card now and enjoy it later. It helps businesses keep cash flowing and it’ll be a great reason to get out and celebrate when things open up again.
- Shop online with local businesses. Lots of our local businesses have a website for shopping online and lots of great products on show via their Instagram and Facebook Pages.
- Shop over the phone. If your favourite business isn’t online, give them a call and see if you can buy your product over the phone to arrange a quick pick up or arrange delivery.
- Leave a review. It’s a tough and uncertain time for many businesses, and if you can’t spare the cash head online and leave them a review, show them a little love so our businesses know just how much they mean to our community!
- Get on social media: Like, comment, and share posts from local small businesses. A click of a button, or a friendly comment means more people will see their posts, and they can share their products and services with even more people.