Half Cost Fencing

All fencing for public and private land is subject to the Fences Amendment Act 2014.

Council is not responsible for administering the Fences Act and recommends you seeks independent advice via the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria.

Council may contribute to the cost of a fence on properties adjoining Council land, such as kindergartens, childcare centres and other Council owned and occupied buildings.

You may need to find out the contact details of your adjoining neighbour(s) for the purpose of constructing a fence between your properties.

To lodge your request please complete the online form below.