Hansen Partnership were engaged in February 2020 to prepare a draft master plan for the precinct that captures Council’s vision and community’s aspirations and expectations for its future.
In developing the draft master plan, open community consultation was conducted from 13 July 2020 through to August 9 2020.
The scope for the master planning process includes, but is not limited to, consideration of:
- A municipal library space;
- Arts gallery and additional theatre spaces;
- Public toilets and amenity;
- Multi-purpose and community meeting space/s;
- Council customer and visitor service and front of house;
- Council chambers, committee rooms and public gallery;
- Council staff office accommodation space;
- Improvements to the surrounding area and integration between the proposed Civic Precinct and the existing Civic Park;
- Entry plaza to the Civic Precinct and Civic Park; and
- Additional car parking including options for increased walking and bicycle use
The master planning process is also considering key themes identified through community consultation for the Community Hubs Strategy, with the following aspirations for the Warragul township in particular:
- Youth orientated and child friendly and accessible programs;
- A place for social connectedness, opportunities and activities;
- Space that allows the community to work together;
- Informal and formal meeting spaces; and
- A focus on multi-purpose space where community and user groups can co-exist.