Council Meeting Snapshot - Wednesday 9 October 2019
Published on 10 October 2019
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council’s Wednesday 9 October ordinary meeting.
- Council endorsed the community planning framework and that council receive and update on Council’s Planning Service in 12 months.
- Council awarded the tender for the Upgrade of Drouin Recreation Reserve’s Netball Courts to Ace Earthmoving Pty.
- Council awarded contracts for the Panel Supply of Concreting Services to:
- Brown’s Transport & Earthworks Pty Ltd
- Future Civil Group Pty Ltd
- Victorian Infrastructure Services Pty Ltd
- GBM Contractors (VIC) Pty Ltd
- Contula Constructions Pty Ltd.
- Council awarded the tender for the Hallora Recreation Reserve Change Rooms Upgrade to James G Morrison Pty Ltd and agreed to undertake consultation with the Hallora Recreation Reserve User Group to determine priority projects listed on the Masterplan.
- Council awarded the tender for the Buln Buln Recreation Reserve Change Rooms Upgrade to Allchin Commercial Pty Ltd.
- Council agreed to acquire the former Yarragon Primary School Site with a restriction on Title for Community Use at a price to be negotiated with the Valuer General.
- Council resolved to rescind the Section 86 Western Park Recreation Reserve CoM and assume ongoing management after a 12-month trial. Council acknowledges the outgoing committee of management.
- Council adopted the 2019/20 maintenance allocations for public halls and recreation reserves and agreed to commence stakeholder engagement to seek feedback on the review of the program.
- Council assumed responsibility for future nominations into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame in accordance with the Baw Baw Sporting Walk Guidelines, and also inducted Michael Keane, local judo champion.
Safe and sustainable environments
General Business Motion
- Cr Danny Goss raised a General Business motion that seeks a report on the significant impost on ratepayers who run primary production businesses within the Urban Growth Zone.
- Cr Darren Wallace moved a condolence motion for Mr. Harold Smythe.
The next Council meeting will be from 5.30pm on Wednesday 23 October at the Trafalgar Business Centre at 107 Princes Hwy. Community members are welcome to attend or tune into the live stream from home. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.