Council Meeting Snapshot - Wednesday 25 March 2020
Published on 30 March 2020
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council’s Wednesday 25 March 2020 ordinary meeting.
- Council agreed to apply for funding to undertake a feasibility study to determine the most appropriate lookout sites in Baw Baw Shire.
- Council noted the draft masterplan of the Municipal Pound Site, will place it on public exhibition for four weeks and will consider community feedback at a future Council Meeting.
- Council adopted the Timber Encouragement Policy 2020
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council executed the S6 Instrument of Delegation to members of Council staff.
- Cr Wallace tabled a petition containing 51 signatories for Council to investigate the Contour Drain and safety of the footbridge over the Drain on 7 Mile Rd, Trafalgar.
General Business Motions
- Council resolved to close the meeting and future Council Meetings to the general public under section 89(2)(g) of the Local Government Act until further notice as part of Council’s COVID-19 response.
- Council made a temporary amendment to the Community Participation Time Policy in response to COVID-19. This amendment covers Questions on Notice, Submissions and Petitions.
- Cr Gauci tabled a General Business Motion for Council officers to provide a report considering impacts and rent relief options available for all sporting clubs utilising Council’s sporting facilities prior to 27 May 2020 Council Meeting.
Committee & Delegates Reports
- Cr Keith Cook would like to report that West Gippsland Libraries won an award at the Gippsland Business Awards and that Council note that on 17 March 2020, all West Gippsland Regional Libraries closed their doors to the public due to the COVID19 restrictions on social gatherings. While the Libraries have closed their doors, they continue to offer online story time sessions for children and “how-to” tutorials for the community during this time.
- Cr Peter Kostos advised that the COVID19 restrictions on social gatherings has resulted in the cancelling of Advisory Committee meetings until further notice.
The next Council meeting will be from 5.30pm on Wednesday 8 April 2020 at the West Gippsland Arts Centre. Due to government restrictions imposed by the coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19), community members are not permitted to attend Council Meetings until further notice, however everyone is welcome tune into the live stream from home. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.