Council Meeting Snapshot - Wednesday 14 October
Published on 15 October 2020
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council’s Wednesday 14 October ordinary meeting.
Community participation time
From the commencement of the election period on 22 September until Council resumes for the new term, there will be limited community participation time at Council Meetings as specified in the Governance Rules(PDF, 412KB). This includes Questions on Notice and Public Submissions.
With CEO approval, questions on notice may be responded to in writing and published in the minutes. Petitions will be managed in accordance with the Governance Rules and the Local Government Act 2020.
PLA0011/20 - 85 Thornell Rd, Longwarry.
Council issued a Notice of Decision to Grant a Planning Permit for PLA0011/20 - 85 Thornell Rd, Longwarry for the Use and development of the land for a saleyard and associated buildings and works, construction and display of a floodlit business identification sign, reduction in car parking requirements, removal of native vegetation, and creation of access to a road in a Road Zone, Category 1 at 85 Thornell Rd, Longwarry subject to several conditions.
PLA0046/20 - 155 Burnt Store Rd, Lardner - Place of assembly (Live Entertainment Venue) and Associated Camping.
Council, as the Responsible Authority, resolved to Issue A Notice of Decision to Grant Planning Permit PLA0046/20 for the use of a Place of assembly (Live entertainment venue) and associated camping at 155 Burnt Store Road, Lardner subject to several conditions.
PLA0028/20- 155 Burnt Store Rd, Lardner - use of a Place of assembly, Leisure and recreation, Education facility, Camping and caravan park and Helicopter landing.
Council, as the Responsible Authority, resolved to Issue a Notice of Decision to Grant Permit PLA0028/20 for the use of a Place of assembly, Leisure and recreation, Education facility, and Camping and caravan park, and Helicopter Landing Site, subject to several conditions.
1-5 Princes Hwy, Yarragon, PLA0012/20 / VCAT Ref. P926/2020
Council moved to form a the position that if an application for review for failure to grant a permit has not been lodged with VCAT, that Planning Application PLA0012/20 for the use and development of a service station, removal of native vegetation, construct and display business identification and floodlit signage and create access to a Road Zone Category 1 at 1-5 Princes Highway Yarragon be refused subject to the following ground(s):
- The proposal is inconsistent with the purposes of the Farming Zone, fails to appropriately respond to the policy framework, is at odds with the policy directives in the Yarragon Structure Plan, is premature in nature and does not constitute.
- Delegate appropriate authority to the Manager Planning, Coordinator Statutory Planning and Principal Statutory Planner (Officers) to act on its behalf and provide instructions to external counsel at the VCAT hearing.
PLA0019/20- 197 Petersons Rd, Ellinbank.
Council, as the Responsible Authority, resolve that Planning Permit Application PLA0019/20 for the use of a Caretaker's dwelling at 197 Petersons Rd, Ellinbank be refused subject to the following grounds:
- The proposal fails to meet the provisions of the Local Planning Policy Framework, in particular 'Clause 14.01-1S- Protection of agricultural land' in regard to the removal of productive agricultural land; and
- The proposal fails to meet the provisions of the Local Planning Policy Framework, in particular 'Clause 22.01- Rural Zones Policy.'
Integrated Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017-21 Year 3 Performance Report and Year 4 Action Plan.
Council moved to:
- Note the Year 3 Performance Report of the Integrated Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017-2021 and;
- Endorse the Year 4 Action Plan and;
- Advise the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and Healthy Baw Baw Advisory Committee partners of Council's endorsement of the Year 4 Action Plan.
Audit and Risk Committee Chair Report.
Council noted the September 2020 Audit and Risk Committee Chair Report.
Financial Report and Performance Statement for the year ended 30 June 2020.
Council moved to:
- Approve the Annual Financial Report for the year ended 30 June 2020 and the Performance Statement 2019/20 and;
- Nominate Mayor Danny Goss and Councillor Mikaela Power to be authorised to sign each statement in their final form.
As of 11.59pm on Wednesday 5 August 2020, Council meetings are no longer open to members of the public due to COVID-19 restrictions in regional Victoria. Meetings will remain available to the public via live stream, and community submissions can be made in writing.
The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.