Australia Day ceremony to be held inside West Gippsland Arts Centre
Published on 25 January 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council’s Australia Day ceremony will be held inside the West Gippsland Arts Centre tomorrow morning from 10.15am due to forecast heavy rain.
Originally planned to be held in Civic Park, the ceremony will be held inside the theatre while the free community barbecue provided by the Warragul Lions Club will continue outside from 11.30am.
All community members are invited to attend the event, which features the Baw Baw Shire Australia Day Awards and a Citizenship Ceremony.
The Baw Baw Shire Australia Day Awards honour the local heroes and groups who make a significant contribution to our community in the following categories:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Organisation of the Year
- Australia Day Medallion.
Important COVIDSafe Information
- This event will be conducted with current COVID-19 safe principles and procedures in place.
- We encourage all attendees to download the Services Victoria app prior to arriving to allow for an easy check-in process.
- All attendees contact details will be recorded.
- Please enact social distancing and follow current COVID-19 requirements.
- Capacity limits apply inside the venue and will be strictly adhered to.
- Please allow extra time to check in and be seated inside the theatre.
Australia Day events are taking place across Baw Baw Shire tomorrow. Click for details to find an event near you.