Half Cost Fencing

All fencing for public and private land is subject to the Fences Act 1968.

Under Section 4(1)(b) of the Fences Act 1968, Council may contribute to the cost of a fence on properties adjoining Council land, such as kindergartens, childcare centres and other Council owned and occupied buildings.

You may need to find out the contact details of your adjoining neighbour(s) for the purpose of constructing a fence between your properties.

To lodge your request, use the Request for Adjoining Land Owner Details Form(PDF, 74KB).

Please email the completed form to Baw Baw Shire Council or drop into one of our Customer Service Centres.