The placemaking program grants $200,000 (approximately $50,000 in each town) to smaller communities to deliver projects that are at the top of the community’s wish list.
Projects are the direct result of thorough consultation and collaboration with the communities and will help to improve liveability, contribute to health, happiness and wellbeing, and visitor attraction to the towns.
The projects for 2019/20 are currently in the community consultation phase.
Upcoming community meetings have been scheduled to discuss ideas. All welcome, no RSVP required.
A meeting has also scheduled to progress the Jindivick project at 7.30pm on Thursday 23 January at Jindivick Hall, 1065 Jacksons Track.
- New playground at the Athlone Hall
- Improvements to the barbecue area
- New synthetic grass
- Rubber-based bike track
- New landscaping, fencing and seating
- Street beautification works on Henty and Moe-Rawson Road
- New historical information signage
- Replacement of concrete cricket pitch
- Improved parking area and signage at Mill Park
- Upgrades to the Erica Reserve kitchen
- Electrical transformer upgrade at Thorpdale recreation Reserve to improve safety and electrical capacity
- Further consultation will take place before a projects is decided