Council Meeting Snapshot
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council’s Wednesday 24 July 2019 ordinary meeting.
Wednesday 24 July 2019 Meeting Snapshot
- Council granted a planning permit with conditions for PLA0187/18 for the Use and Development of a Dwelling and Creating Access to a Road Zone Category 1 Road at 69 Stockdales Road, Thorpdale.
- Council awarded the cleaning contract for Council’s offices, West Gippsland Arts Centre, public toilets and BBQ to Peopleworks Cleaning Services Pty. Ltd.
- Council endorsed a submission for the Draft Destination Management Plan to TRC Tourism.
- Council agreed to commence the master plan process for the Warragul Civic Precinct development including active engagement with the community.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council noted the report in relation to Trinca Lane, Warragul being a potential site for increased parking and refer this investigation to a future Council budget process.
- Council approved the licence renewal for software support and maintenance with Technology One Pty Ltd to July 2022.
- Council agreed to undertake the development of a master plan for the future improvement of the site at 61 Princes Way, Longwarry North – Municipal Pound Site.
- Council agreed to submit an offer to the Valuer General for the former Yarragon Primary School site and requested officers bring a further report back to Council seeking a resolution for the potential purchase of the site.
For full details, see the full meeting minutes here.
The next Council meeting will be held on Wednesday 14 August 2019 at the Trafalgar Business Centre.
Want to find out more?
To see the full minutes and agendas from any Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes or tune in and watch the live stream recordings at Live Streaming Council Meetings.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.