One Gippsland is the peak regional advocacy body representing this diverse region. It aims to connect the dots between government, business and community, while also collectively working together to champion the interests of our region and our people.
The One Gippsland team comprises of Gippsland’s leaders in local government, industry and education, who work collaboratively to secure funding and policy results for the region. Baw Baw Shire Council CEO Mark Dupe is a member of the board, along with the other Gippsland Local Government Council CEOs and select Industry Sector Members.
Click here to visit the One Gippsland website.
What they do
- Be the combined voice for Gippsland communities to address regional issues;
- Advocate for State and Commonwealth Government policies and programs that support economic prosperity through innovation, facilitation and education;
Go-to peak body
- Develop positive relationships and encourage open dialogue with the State and Commonwealth Governments;
- Create opportunities for the State and Commonwealth Governments and the private sector to invest in Gippsland to support economic prosperity, social capital and access to services; and
- Take a leading role in advocating for environmental stewardship and sustainable use of natural resources.