Pop Up Art Exhibition at Arts Centre Site
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting local artists to submit expressions of interest for a pop-up exhibition of artwork to be displayed on the temporary construction site fencing at the West Gippsland Arts Centre.
The aim is to have local artwork printed onto banners and attached to the temporary construction site fencing for the duration of the upgrade project.
Baw Baw Shire Council sees this as an opportunity to celebrate the creativity within our Shire, utilising the structure as a pop-up exhibition space of creative work by our residents using artwork hat will be printed onto banners which will adorn the fences.
We welcome all submissions of high quality, high resolution digital images of original artworks, able to be reproduced on banners sized 3.2 metres by 1.6 metres to be considered for inclusion in a curated display on the fencing.
Images may be of any art form, including but not restricted to Visual Art, Sculpture, Three Dimensional Art, Performance, Dance, Photography, Digital Art, the Written Word. The curatorial Committee may also choose to create a montage of complimentary images/words to fill the banner size if necessary.
Submissions must be received by 5.00pm on Friday 29 September 2017.
- Artwork submitted must be the original work of the entrant and they must be a resident of Baw Baw Shire.
- The artworks to be considered may be of any art form, including but not restricted to Visual Art, Sculpture, Three dimensional art, Performance, Dance, Photography, Digital Art, the Written Word.
- A high resolution image must be available of the artwork (minimum 300dpi 1920 by1080 pixels). The artists name and the title of the work should appear as the image file name, for example Wilson. L - The Passage of Time.
- Full copyright of the artwork and image must be held by the applicant.
- Submissions are to be received by 5.00pm on Friday 29 September 2017. Late entries may not be considered.
- Employees of Baw Baw Shire Council may enter works for consideration.
- The submitted works will be chosen by the Arts and Cultural Advisory Committee to represent the widest variety of creative pursuits within Baw Baw Shire. Their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the decisions.
- By completing the entry form and making the work available the entrant warrants that the work is the sole and unencumbered property of the entrant and that there is no inhibitions or restrictions upon the title.
- Entrants whose work is selected for inclusion in the pop up exhibition must permit Baw Baw Shire Council to reproduce images of the work in promotional material and archival records relating to the event. Where such images are reproduced they will be accompanied by a full accreditation that includes the names of the artist and the artwork, unless the circumstances do not reasonably allow this. Baw Baw Shire Council recognises the entrant as the copyright holder of any work that they enter.
- Artists are required to submit at least one high resolution jpeg image for each entered artwork.
- The submission of the entry form is evidence of the entrant's consent to these terms and conditions.
- All personal information gathered by the Baw Baw Shire Council will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the pop up exhibition.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is committed to full compliance with its obligations under the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) (Act)
For all enquiries, please call 5624 2411 or email Council’s Cultural Development Officer.