Recycling Do It Right
Recycling is collected fortnightly on the same day as your garbage.
The following items can go in your recycling bin (but not wrapped in plastic bags):
- Cans, glass, cartons and aerosols
- Paper and cardboard
- Plastic with codes 1 - 7, except Expandable Polystyrene (APES)
The items below are all recyclable but are commonly found in the rubbish.
The following items cannot be put in the recycling bin:
- NO rubbish
- NO plastic bags, plastic wrap or bin liners
- NO nappies or syringes
- NO Pyrex, window glass, light globes, broken glass or ceramics
- NO green organics
- NO waxed cardboard
- NO polystyrene
- NO garbage or food waste
- NO hard waste, timber or building materials
- NO car parts
- NO clothing or carpet
Please do not tie newspapers or place in boxes or plastic bags.
Pizza boxes are recyclable, but please make sure that you don't leave any food in the box. Small bits of baked on cheese or oil on the box are ok to still go into the recycling bin.
Below is a link to Sustainability Victoria's website "Get it right on bin night" to help you to understand how you can improve your recycling habits and make a difference from your kerbside.
For further information please contact Council on 5624 2411.