Useful Links and References
The resources, forms and links below are useful for planning and managing domestic wastewater/septic systems.
Print and submit this form to Apply to Install or Alter a Septic/Wastewater System(DOCX, 52KB).
Print and submit this form to Request a Copy of Septic Tank Plans(DOC, 233KB).
The Domestic Wastewater Management Plan – Operational Document(PDF, 2MB) outlines how Baw Baw Shire will manage the permitting, monitoring, and education associated with onsite domestic wastewater.
The Domestic Wastewater Management Plan - Technical Document(PDF, 19MB) provides the detailed background information used to develop the operational document.
The Planning Checklist - Onsite Domestic Wastewater Management(PDF, 441KB) will help you provide us with the information on your existing system which is necessary for some applications. This form is to be completed by a licenced contractor.
Below is a list of fact sheets that have been updated to reflect the Baw Baw Shire environment:
- Basic information on standard septic tanks(PDF, 4MB)
- Aerated wastewater treatment systems(PDF, 4MB)
- Septic tank with sand filter(PDF, 2MB)
- Historic septic tanks(PDF, 4MB)
- Split systems(PDF, 1MB)
- Common disposal methods - primary treatment(PDF, 10MB)
- Common disposal methods - secondary treatment(PDF, 3MB)