Lost, Damaged or Stolen Bins
Damaged or stolen bins will be replaced free of charge. If your bin is damaged or stolen, contact Solo Resource Recovery on 5633 2009.
When you move house your bins must be left with the property for use by the next occupant. Bins remain with the property as part of the service provided.
Requesting Additional Bins
Residential property owners needing additional rubbish, recycling or green organics bins can request these at the following costs:
- Additional 120 litre rubbish bin is $87.00 per year
- Additional 240 litre recycling bin is $49.00 per year
- Additional 240 litre green organics bin is $74.00 per year
You can request additional bins by completing the application form(PDF, 782KB) and making payment at our Customer Service Centres in Warragul and Drouin or call 5624 2411.
A standard commercial service can be upgraded from a 120 litre rubbish bin to a 240 litre rubbish bin for an additional cost of $76.00 per year.
A fortnightly green organics collection can be provided to commercial properties at a cost of $74.00 per year.
Commercial properties can now apply for additional recycling bins at a cost of $49.00 per bin per year.
You can request additional bins by completing the application form(PDF, 582KB) and making payment at our Customer Service Centres in Warragul and Drouin or call 5624 2411.
- Bins should be placed on the nature strip before 6am on the day of collection with the front edge of the bin about 50cm from the back of the kerb and the wheels facing away from the road. Bins must be removed from the road reserve reasonably soon after being emptied.
- Where kerbing is not present, for example in rural areas, bins must be placed at a safe location for emptying, between 50cm and 1 metre from the edge of the seal (or as agreed by the collection contractor).
- In CBD areas bins must be put out no earlier than 4pm the day before collection and removed no later than 10am the day after collection. Repeat offenders will be liable for a fine after the issue of a warning.
- Bins will not be emptied if the lid is left open or rubbish is overhanging from the bin. Please also ensure that bag ties are not hanging out of the bin.
- The 240 litre recycling bin must be placed so that it can be emptied first (traffic approach side).
- Bins should weigh no more than 75-80 kgs and be spaced at least 30cm apart.
- Bagged items only should be placed in rubbish bins, with no loose items.
- Hot ashes or liquids
- Corrosive or flammable items
- Builders rubble
Cleaning Your Bin
You can keep bins free of odour by cleaning them regularly with soapy water and a broom or handheld brush.