Worm Farm and Compost Bins
Ratepayers are eligible for a 100 per cent rebate of up to $100 on the purchase of a compost bin or worm farm (conditions apply, see below). This means if you spend $50 you will get back $50 or if you spend $120 you will only get back $100.
NOTE: This offer is only available once per residence for the lifetime of the property (with the exception of a change of ownership).
Compost Bins or Worm Farms
Any compost bin or worm farm is acceptable however it is not acceptable for you buy materials to build your own.
Terms and Conditions
- The compost bin must be purchased new and an application submitted between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- The rebate is available to ratepayers of Baw Baw Shire only and the compost bin/worm farm must be installed at the applicant's primary place of residence.
- There are a limited number of rebates available and Baw Baw Shire Council reserves the right to cancel the compost bin rebate should the scheme reach its maximum budget allocation.
- To receive the rebate, it is required that you submit a photocopy of a tax invoice or receipt of purchase satisfying the following: date and place of purchase, model of the compost bin, the receipt number and the ABN of the store where the bin was purchased showing it has been paid in full. Receipts will only be returned if requested.The rebate amount cannot exceed the total purchase price. The compost bin must be used for domestic purposes only and not for re-sale.
- Baw Baw Shire Council will only pay one rebate per residence to a maximum of $100 for the lifetime of the property (with the exception of change in ownership). A cheque will be issued in the name of the ratepayer. The application form must be filled out and signed by the ratepayer.
The Application Form is available for download in the Related Information section on this page. Alternatively, it can be picked up at any Baw Baw Shire Council Customer Service Centre or requested from the Waste Management Officer on 5624 2465.
Submit your application at any Customer Service Centre or by mail to Baw Baw Shire Council, P.O. Box 304, Warragul 3820.