Family Violence Scheme - Fines Assistance
The Family Violence Scheme supports people affected by family violence within the fines system.
The scheme allows you to apply to have your fines withdrawn if family violence substantially contributed to the offence or it is not safe for you to name the responsible person.
To access the Family Violence Scheme, you must:
- have been issued with on infringement notice, and
- show that you were a victim of family violence, and
- show that the family violence substantially contributed to you committing the offence, or not being able to nominate the driver that committed on offence in a car registered to you.
Please note that there are two types of infringements that do not qualify for the Family Violence Scheme:
How to apply
Complete the Family Violence Scheme application form.
The form will tell you what you need to include with your application.
Where can I get more information?
- You can call 1300 019 983. Trained staff are available to take your call Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except public holidays).
- You can visit the Family Violence Scheme website
- You can visit Ground Floor, 277 William Street, Melbourne VIC 3000