Current Incidents and Warnings
Updated: 09/05/2016, 1.22PM
Please be safe outside today, with the Bureau of Meteorology issuing a severe weather warning.
Forecasts predict winds of around 60 km/h in West and South Gippsland, with peak gusts of 100 km/h over the Alpine area during Monday, particularly in the evening.
A low pressure trough is over western Victoria and will move eastwards across the State during the day. An associated low pressure system will enter the far west of the State later in the day.
The Victoria SES Gippsland advises that people should:
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony
- Keep clear of fallen power lines.
- Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
- Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
- Be alert that in areas recently affected by fires, heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500. This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts; the Bureau of Meteorology's website and by calling 1300 659 217.
For information about current emergency road closures on Council roads, go to Road Closures.
To view road closures for the State, go to VicRoad's VicTraffic website.
To report a road, complete the online Report a Road form.