Notice is given pursuant to Section 119 of the Local Government Act 1989 that Baw Baw Shire Council at its ordinary meeting held on Wednesday 25 October 2017, resolved to adopt the revised local law, Meeting Procedure Local Law. This local law is effective from October 25 2017
The purpose of this local law is to:
- Facilitate good governance of the Baw Baw Shire Council;
- Regulate proceedings for the election of the Mayor;
- Regulate proceedings at all Ordinary and Special Meetings of the Council and meetings of Special Committees;
- Regulate the use of the Common Seal and prohibit its unauthorised use;
- Regulate the use of confidential information;
- Provide for the administration of the Council’s powers and functions; and
- Revoke the Meeting Procedure Local Law 2015.
A copy of the Local Law may be viewed online at www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au and is available for viewing at one of our Customer Service Centres during business hours.