Residents can book and pay for a hard waste collection between 14 and 31 March with the collection happening between 18 and 28 April 2017.
The collection costs $62 or $30 for pensioners.
You can place up to two cubic metres (one trailer load) of hard waste on your nature strip. Hard waste must be placed on your nature strip by Monday evening, 17 April 2017. If you miss this date, additional costs may be incurred.
Acceptable Hard Waste
- Household furniture and appliances
- Tools and electrical
- Mattresses and bed bases,
- Baths and vanity units
- Air conditioners
- Hot water services
- Lawn mowers
- Scrap metals
- Stoves, washing machines and dryers
- Computers and monitors
- Floor coverings (up to 30cm x 1.5m limit two rolls), and
- Tree prunings (up to 30cm x 1.5m tied and bundled)
Unacceptable Hard Waste
- Building waste (including bricks and concrete)
- Household rubbish
- Window glass
- Crockery and other small items
- Cardboard boxes
- Chemicals or poisons containers
- Oil and paint tins (full or empty)
- Timber longer than 1.5m
- Green waste in plastic bags
- Car tyres
- Car bodies or batteries
- Water tanks
- Gas bottles
- Hazardous waste including asbestos, and
- Hard waste exceeding two cubic metres
Residents can book and pay for a collection between 14 and 31 March 2017 at our Customer Service Centres in Warragul and Drouin or by calling Council on 5624 2411.
For more information, call Council on 5624 2411.