Changes to Traffic and Parking Conditions
The Queen’s Baton Relay(PDF, 501KB) travels as a moving convoy, with rolling effect on local road networks and community locations where the Queen’s Baton visits.
Traffic management plans are in place to try to minimise traffic congestion and impacts during the Relay.
In order to ensure the safe and unhindered passage of the Relay and a spectator friendly event, the following street/ roads will be impacted by temporary road closures between approximately 1.00pm and 2.00pm:
- Spring Street
- Burke Street (from Spring Street to Howitt Street)
- Howitt Street (north bound only)
- Alfred Street (from Howitt to Queen Streets)
- Anderson Street
- Queen Street (from Club Lane to Mason Street)
- Smith Street (from Queen to Craig Streets)
- Victoria Street (from Palmerston to Smith Streets)
- Palmerston Street (from the lane to Woolworths to the east side of Smith Street)
- Albert Street (from Smith to Mason Streets)
- Civic Place (closed from 7am-4pm)
All carparks along the affected route will be closed from early Sunday morning and re-open after the event at approximately 2pm. Anyone planning to visit a licensed venue and leave their car overnight on Saturday 10 February is encouraged to park at one of the locations listed below.
We encourage attendees to walk, cycle or catch public transport to the event where possible.
If it is necessary to drive to the event, we encourage carpooling and utilising car parks at the following locations:
- Warragul Station precinct,
- Logan Park (Howitt Street),
- Mason Street,
- Barkly Street,
- Williams Square,
- Trumpy Lane,
- George Street,
- Eastern Park (Normanby Street and Cambridge Drive), and
- Williams Square (access from Mason Street).
Limited parking for people with disabled parking permits will be available at the Civic Park carpark (access via Smith Street only).
Warragul Train Station Precinct Car Park
Access to the Warragul Train Station precinct car park (Alfred St/ Howitt St) will be affected during Relay time (e.g when the Relay travels from the Warragul Leisure Centre to Queen St Park and then Smith Street) - approximately 1.00pm-1.45pm.
Access to the Warragul Train Station will re-open as soon as the Relay has passed.