About Our Family Day Care Educators
Family Day Care Educators are carefully selected and screened for suitability.
Initial and ongoing training is provided and child placements are monitored and supported by the Coordination Unit staff who regularly visit during care hours.
- Minimum Certificate 3 qualification in Child Care
- Home Safety Check
- Current First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management
- Current National Police check (all household members over 18 years)
- Current Working with Children Check. (all household members over 18 years)
- Certified medically fit for childcare tasks
- Committed to ongoing training & development
- Responsible for meeting the National Quality Framework
- National Regulations and service policies are adhered to at all times
- Responsible for planning a quality child care program
- Over 18 years old
Baw Baw Family Day Care Educators choose to provide Family Day Care as a professional career in early childhood care and education.
Educators are not employees of Baw Baw Shire. They are registered contractors who operate their own child care businesses and are valued service providers.