Home and Community Care and Commonwealth Home Support Program
Home and Community Care
Home and Community Care is jointly funded by the Victorian and Local Governments and is for people aged under 65 (or under 50 for Indigenous Australians).
Home and Community Care Program Aims:
- To provide a comprehensive, coordinated and integrated range of basic maintenance and support services for frail aged, people with a disability and their carers:
- To provide support to be more independent at home and in the community, enhancing quality of life and/or preventing admission to long-term residential care; and
- To provide flexible, timely services that respond to the needs of consumers.
For further information phone 5625 0267 or email the Assessment Team.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
Commonwealth Home Support Program is jointly funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services and Local Government and is for people aged over 65 (or over 50 for Indigenous Australians).
Commonwealth Home Support Program Aims:
- To improve access to quality home support services for frail older people living in the community.
- To maximise frail older people’s independence through the provision of timely support services, taking into account each person’s goals, preferences and choices.
- Although funding for the Commonwealth Home Support Program has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.
For further information phone My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit the My Aged Care website.
The My Aged Care website includes information that has been translated into 18 languages.
People who speak a language other than English can also phone the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450. The TIS staff will facilitate a call to the My Aged Care contact centre on the person’s behalf.
People who are deaf or who have a hearing or speech impairment can contact My Aged Care through:
- Calling the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and asking for My Aged Care on 1800 200 422; or
- Accessing the National Relay Service Website and choosing ‘Make an internet relay call’ and entering 1800 200 422.