Smoke Free Baw Baw
Close: 24 July 2012
Baw Baw Shire introduced a Smoke Free Trial, commenced for 12 months from August 2011.
Smoke Free Trial in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire particpated in a twelve month trial for the draft Smoke Free Outdoor Area Policy commencing on 1 August 2011.
The trial concludes on 1 August 2012. Council invites feedback from the community about the trial. Based on the feedbback, recommendations will be made on the future direction of the policy. A report will be prepared for the August 22 2012 Council Meeting. Please complete the survey below.
Community Survey - Smoke Free Trial
Business Owners Survey - Smoke Free Trial (please note, you must be a registered business to complete)
The following locations were smoke free areas throughout the trial:
- Shopping malls and pedestrian areas in central activity districts
- Within 10 metres of all children’s playground equipment and kindergartens
- At events run by Council on Council land
- Within 10 metres of the following Council owned, operated and leased building entrances:
- Civic Centre, Civic Place Warragul
- Warragul Customer Service Centre, 61 Smith Street, Warragul
- Drouin Customer Service Centre, 33 Young Street, Drouin
- West Gippsland Arts Centre, Civic Place, Warragul
- Trafalgar Customer Service Centre, Princes Highway, Trafalgar
- Infrastructure and Engineering Customer Service Centre, Civic Place
- Community Care and Strengthening Customer Service Centre, 61 Smith Street, Warragul
- Family and Children Services Centre, 23 Williams Square, Warragul
- Warragul Library, 75 Victoria Street, Warragul
- Drouin Library, 136 Princes Way, Drouin
- In alfresco dining areas on Council land
- Within covered bus stops on Council land
- At taxi ranks on Council land
- Within 10 metres of the entrances to club rooms and canteens at sporting facilities
- On the playing fields and within three metres of the playing field boundary at sporting facilities
- Within 10 metres of the Baw Baw Mobile Library when parked and in operation.