Parking bays are monitored throughout the shire. Fines may be issued to vehicles in breach of the road rules.
How to Appeal a Parking Fine
To request review of an infringement, complete the Infringement Review form and return it to the Council. You will need to include evidence in support of your comments.
To apply for a disabled parking label, complete the disabled parking form and return it to the Council. You will need your doctor to sign the form. Be sure to follow the conditions of use when using your label as failure may result in a fine.
Interstate disabled parking labels may also be used in Baw Baw Shire; however, international disabled parking labels are not valid.
To report a lost or stolen disabled parking label, sign a statutory declaration at any police station and return it to the Council.
The Council investigates reports of abandoned or unregistered vehicles. Please try to include the vehicle’s registration plate number or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for faster processing. Use the phone list below to report an abandoned or unregistered vehicle.
- Vehicles on a footpath, nature strip, reserve or road (non-urgent): Phone the Council on 5624 2411.
- Vehicles on a footpath, nature strip, reserve or road (urgent): Phone the police. Drouin - 5625 2003, Warragul - 5622 7111, Trafalgar - 5633 1188 or Neerim South - 5628 1303.
- Vehicles on Princes Freeway. Phone VicRoads on 131 170.
- Vehicles on railway land, such as a railway car park. Phone VicTrack on 1800 800 120.
- Vehicles on Parks Victoria land. Phone the Department and Sustainability and Environment on 136 186.
- Vehicles on housing commission land. Phone the Department of Human Services on 1300 650 172.