Local Sporting Champions Grants
Local Sporting Champions Grants are for young people between 12 and 18 years old to compete in state or national sporting competitions.
- A team or individual is eligible if the competition is more than 250kms away
- Funding can go towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms and equipment
- Grants of $500 per individual and $3,000 per team are available from the Australian Government
For further information, including application forms and eligibility criteria visit the Local Sporting Champions Grants website.
Sport Leadership Grants and Scholarships for Women
This program is an Australian Government initiative and provides women with opportunities to undertake training to reach their leadership potential within the industry as coaches, officials and administrators. Grants of up to $5,000 are available for individuals and $10,000 for organisations per annum, and scholarships of up to $10,000 per annum over the three years are available. Grants and scholarships are available in the following categories:
Applications close on 26 April 2013. Program guidelines are available here.
Victorian Country Football League Grants Program
The VCFL Grants Program provides funding for the following:
- Computer Purchases - up to $250
- Responsible Serving Alcohol Course - a 50% rebate up to $50
- Junior Age Level 1 Coach Accreditation - $100 per course attendee
- Jumper Purchase Assistance
- Food Handling Course - 50% of course costs up to $50 per person
Who can apply: VCFL Leagues, VCFL Clubs, VCFL Umpiring Groups and AFL Victoria Regional Structures.
For more information visit the grants page of the VCFL.
WorkSafe Club Safety Fund
Sports clubs can apply for funds to help make facilities safe. The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund including:
- Equipment to protect players such as goal post padding and first aid kits
- Structures that provide shelter such as shade sails, shelter sheds of fireplace guards
- First aid packs
- Minor facility maintenance which solves an OH&S hazard
The WorkSafe Club Safety Fund will pay up to 50% of the quoted amount of a project, up to $1,000 per application.
Who can apply: Football/Netball Clubs which are affiliated with the WorkSafe Victorian Country Football League.
For more information visit the WorkSafe Victoria Country Football League website.
VicHealth Active Club Grants
VicHealth Active Club Grants offer funding for clubs to prevent sports injuries. The grant includes money for:
- Sport equipment
- Portable sun shade
- Training for volunteers
- Up to $2,500 is available
For more information visit the VicHealth website.