Community Development Grants 2014
Baw Baw Shire Council supports community and volunteer groups through an annual Community Development Grants (CDG) program.
Grants are offered to non-profit organisations, groups and associations to assist with projects, programs, equipment or events that contribute to the community.
Applications are sought which reflect the community vision and priorities, will contribute to the creation of stronger communities and enhanced participation, will provide benefits to the community and contribute to its development.
Important information for applicants
The 2014 Community Development Grants program has been reviewed and there are some important changes.
The grants open for a period of four weeks only from 8 September until 6 October.
- Community groups are encouraged to start preparing now
- Council is using SmartyGrants, a fully online process
- The launch is on Monday 8 September at 3pm at West Gippsland Arts Centre (WGAC)– All welcome, please RSVP for catering
- Information sessions will be held on
- Monday 8 September at 3.00pm WGAC
- Monday 15 September at 6.00pm WGAC
- Online assistance will be provided at the following sessions
- Tuesday 23 September, 2.00pm – 4.00pm at Warragul Community House
- Thursday 25 September, 6.00pm – 8.00pm at Warragul Community House
There are now three grant categories:
- Environment - a maximum grant of $2,000 will be available for activities that directly benefit the environment.
- Community Events and Programs - a maximum grant of up to $3,000 will be available to support festivals, community, sporting, cultural and major events and programs, particularly those that are developmental in nature.
- Minor Capital Works - a maximum grant of up to $10,000 will be available to support minor repairs and renovations including disabled access to buildings, clubrooms, sporting and other community facilities and playgrounds (in consultation with Baw Baw Shire Council). This category will require a dollar for dollar contribution from the community. The Community contribution component must have a minimum contribution of 50% cash and the remainder in-kind (volunteers etc.).
You can also email the Grants Officer at email@example.com or call 56242411
Visit our Smarty Grants page to begin the application process.