Baw Baw Shire Business Excellence Awards 2016 Winners Announced
Published on 17 June 2016
Drouin’s Elite Pack has been awarded Business of the Year at the Baw Baw Shire Business Excellence Awards 2016.
The Gala Awards Night, held on Friday 17 June at the Lardner Park Exhibition Centre, was a celebration of local business excellence, innovation, development and contribution to the lifestyle and economy of the Baw Baw Shire.
Over 170 members of the Baw Baw Shire business community celebrated their successes at the gala event.
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Councillor Joe Gauci welcomed back Best Match Recruitment as the events major sponsor and thanked the major media partner Southern Cross Austereo, along with the other ongoing and new sponsors for their support.
“The business awards help to acknowledge the hard work that the business owners put into our community throughout the year, and also help to raise the profile of local businesses. They present a great opportunity for Council and the community to recognise the achievements of our local businesses.”
“It is also an opportunity for residents to thank businesses for the work that they do in making our community a vibrant, wonderful, thriving place” said the Mayor.
The Mayor acknowledged that Baw Baw Shire Council is committed to supporting local businesses in an effort to find ways to work together to achieve efficiencies and cultivate innovation that will ultimately benefit the success of the region as a whole.
For the first time, a People’s Choice award category was introduced. The French Pear Café was the winner of this award, which represented the votes of the community’s favourite business.
The Mayor also congratulated all the finalists in the Young Achiever award category. “Youth play a vital role in our community and it’s great to see the nominees for the Young Achiever award working so hard in their chosen fields. They are our future, and will become the leaders within our business community and beyond”.
“I would like to congratulate all who have entered the awards and wish everyone the very best tonight and in the future” said the Mayor.
Category Award Winners included:
- Business of the Year: Elite Pack
- eBusiness: The Grants Hub
- Innovation: Gippsland Strawberries
- Good Access is Good Business: Mercure Hotel Warragul
- Sustainability: Ten Rose International Simmental
- Agribusiness: Alto Motors
- Services – Business and Professional: The Grants Hub
- Services – Personal and Other: Gippsland Cosmetic Laser Clinic
- Manufacturing and Fabrication: Elite Pack
- Trades and Construction: Malady Electrical
- Tourism: Mercure Hotel Warragul
- Hospitality: Railway Hotel & Bistro
- Creative Industries: Imprint Marketing & Design
- People’s Choice: The French Pear Café
- Young Achiever: Kaylan Riggio