Registration of Food Premises

All organisations, individuals and community groups that sell food and beverages are required to register with a Victorian Council under the Food Act 1984 (the Act).

An application form for registration under the Act must be completed and submitted to Council with the appropriate fee.

Businesses and community groups that operate a mobile premises, such as a van or stall, must also hold a current registration on Streatrader; the state-wide notification system for temporary and mobile food sales. For more information and other requirements, go to Mobile Food Vans.