The Baw Baw Shire Business Excellence Awards are turning 10 and to celebrate we are holding a 10th anniversary celebration in 2017 in conjunction with the Economic Development Australia (EDA) Victorian State Conference being held in March in Baw Baw Shire.
The awards are a celebration of local business excellence, innovation, development and success. Businesses and business people are recognised for their contribution to the lifestyle and economy of the Baw Baw Shire.
The 2016 Baw Baw Business Excellence Awards Gala Dinner Presentation Night will be held at Lardner Park on Thursday 9 March where we will announce a Business of the Decade and a Business Person of the Shire. Please contact the Economic Development Team at Council for more information on how to nominate for the Business Person of the Shire Award.
||Tuesday 6 December 2016
||Friday 27 January 2017
||Monday 6 to Friday 24 February 2017
|Gala Dinner Presentation Night
||Thursday 9 March 2017
The EDA conference is proudly sponsored by Federation University and supported by Baw Baw Shire Council, Flavorite, Lardner Park, Southern Cross Austereo, Viatek and the Warragul Drouin Gazette.
For more information, email the Business Awards team or call 5624 2411.
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be completed by an authorised representative of the business entering the awards.
- Entries may be made in more than one category; however you must complete a separate application form for each category entered. (One complete application per category and maximum two entries per business).
- All entries become the property of Baw Baw Shire Council. Information contained in your entry may be published and used in the awards presentation.
- No alterations to entries will be permitted after the final date for submission.
- Baw Baw Shire Council reserves the right to seek further details and verification in relation to your entry.
- Awards will be presented to the business or individual as named in the application form.
- Baw Baw Shire Council reserves the right to use the information provided in your entry for promotion of the awards. Entrants understand and accept that their name, logo and / or the name of their business may be listed in publications about the awards.
- The previous year's winner of Business of the Year is excluded from entering for a subsequent two years.
The awards are open to all businesses currently based in Baw Baw Shire, excluding cooperatives, government businesses and agencies.
All entrants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN).
It is important that all relevant information is disclosed to Council. This includes any legal proceedings or prosecutions or similar matters involving the business or involving its directors or staff arising out of the running of the business. This is irrespective of whether a conviction was recorded, (so fines and penalty notices need to be disclosed). These matters include criminal matters, breach of OH&S legislation, Local Laws prosecutions, Health Act (e.g. food handling, nuisance), Building and Planning matters, Animal Welfare, Work Cover and Environment Protection Agency (EPA) prosecutions or legal action involving the business and Council.
Council is only interested in matters that relate to the business, not personal speeding fines or similar. In the event that these matters are not disclosed then any submission or award to the business may be cancelled and the business and those associated with it may be excluded from participating in future Awards.