Planning Information - Subdivisions
A Planning Permit is required to:
- subdivide land into two or more lots
- subdivide buildings
- realign boundaries
- excise house lots
- create, vary or remove easements
- vary or remove covenants
It is recommended that you speak to a Planning Officer before lodging an Application for a Planning Permit. You may also wish to obtain advice from a Licensed Land Surveyor who may lodge an application on your behalf.
Relevant Forms and Guidelines
Click on the following links to obtain more information about subdividing land. Council can provide access to hard copies of most of these documents. Please call the Statutory Planning Department on 56242411 to arrange a time to view the documents at the Smith Street Customer Service Centre or to have a document posted to you.
Building or Effluent Envelope Amendments
Written consent from the Planning Department is required to change a building or effluent envelope. Such a request should be made in writing to the Planning Department together with the following details:
- A letter explaining why the change is required
- An up-to-date title search with copies of any covenants, Section 173 Agreements or other encumbrances that may be registered
- A site plan showing the existing site conditions and proposed changes
- The planning fee for 'written consent'