Building Advice

A planning permit may be required prior to the construction of:

  • Houses on farm land
  • Houses on lots of less than 300 square metres
  • Some sheds on farm land
  • Unit developments
  • Commercial and industrial developments
  • Town planning approval may also be required to construct a building on land affected by special controls, such as heritage properties and land affected by flooding, erosion or bushfire.

We recommend you contact our Planning Department to determine if your development requires a planning permit.

For application requirements, refer to the checklists in the Related Information section on this page.

To request hardcopies of these documents, contact the Statutory Planning Department on 5624 2411.

Examples of Plans to be lodged with application:

  • Site plan for house or domestic shed on farm land
  • Site plan for shed on farm land
  • Building elevation plans