The amendment proposes to make a number of changes to various properties across the Baw Baw Shire municipality;
Implement the Drouin Structure Plan
Delete redundant Development Plan Overlay mapping on some areas
Apply PAO to part of the Warragul Golf Club
Rezone a number of properties:
Heritage Overlay adjustments
Correct mapping anomalies
All documents relating to the amendment have been made available online, see Related Information at the bottom of this page.
If you wish to view a hardcopy of the amendment, visit any of our Customer Service Centres. For more information, email the Strategic Planning Department or call 5624 2411.
Community consultation commenced with public exhibition of Amendment C89 for a month, from 14 January 2016 to 19 February 2016, as per requirements in the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Owners and occupiers of the land and in the area near the amendment sites were given written notice of the amendment at the start of exhibition. Public notices were also placed in the Government Gazette and local newspaper. These notices resulted in more than 60 phone and counter enquiries from the public.
The amendment attracted 34 submissions of which 8 were supporting, 21 were objections, and 5 were neutral.
A Special Council Meeting to hear submissions occurred on 26 April 2016.
Amendment C89 Part 1 has been adopted by the Minister of Planning and Published in the Government Gazette on 15 December 2016.
Amendment C89 Part 2 has been adopted by the Minister of Planning and Published in the Government Gazette on 2 March 2017. The changes approved are:
- Delete Schedule 3 to the Development Plan Overlay from 814 Princes Way, Drouin
- Rezone 13-15 McGlone Road, Drouin to Low Density Residential Zone and apply Schedule 7 to the Development Plan Overlay
- Apply the Public Acquisition Overlay to 41 Sutton Street, Warragul
The following changes were not approved:
- The removal of HO148 from 60 Victoria Street, Warragul
- Removal of 'Development Contributions' in Schedule 7 to the Development Plan Overlay
- Schedule 3 to the Development Plan Overlay control has not been deleted.