Building Records

You can obtain a copy of your house plans or building permit documents from Council when planning alterations or extensions, or selling your property.

Our building permit records date back approximately 15 to 30 years depending on the location of the property; therefore not all house plans are available.

If you are not the rated owner of the property (legal owner), a signed letter of consent is required from the rated owner of the property when you apply for a building plan/record.

To obtain a copy of house plans or building permits documents, submit a Request for Copies of Building Documents form.