To view our currently advertised employment opportunities or register your details to be notified when a suitable position becomes available, go to our careers website.
Working at Baw Baw Shire Council
A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You’ll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Our thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Our organisation comprises of a multicultural workforce of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from great flexibility, work/life sway, study support, health and wellbeing initiatives and ongoing learning and development programs.
From Engineering to Town Planning, from Horticulture to Finance, from Customer Service to Communications, you’ll discover an amazing variety of expertise and perspectives. At Baw Baw Shire Council, we invite our people to tackle projects that keep them inspired. We encourage the exploration of new ideas. We support the enhancement of building on current skills and developing new ones.
Located adjacent to Victoria’s capital city, Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria’s fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne’s CBD and suburbs. This allows easy access to training, seminars and conferences in the city, without diminishing the direct impact that comes from working within a close-knit rural community.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.
We are also committed to maximising employment outcomes for local indigenous people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for all advertised employment opportunities.
Employment with Council offers diversity and inclusiveness, career development opportunities, and a flexible and satisfying work environment.
Training and Education
- eLearning library of courses
- Formal and on-the-job training workshops and programs
- Support for tertiary studies that contribute to the business needs of the organisation
- Industry competitive remuneration, including annual Enterprise Bargaining Arrangement (EBA) increases and salary sacrifice options
- Choice of superannuation and superannuation co-contributions
- Salary sacrifice and deductions
- Option to pay additional tax
- Full time, part time, casual, fixed term and job-share roles
- Time in lieu
- Flexible start and finish times
- RDO option
- 48/52 option
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption leave
- Sick, carers and bereavement leave
- Leave loading
- Leave without pay
Professional Development and Career Opportunities
- Higher duties and project roles
- Mentoring and coaching
- Our offices are close to trains, buses, taxis and residential areas
- Council pool cars available
- Commuter and private use vehicles available for select positions
Health and Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Return to work assistance
- Health information sessions, fitness activities and weekly fresh fruit boxes
Environmental Workplace Program
- Environment strategy
- Workplace recycling
- Sustainability projects
Memberships and Services
- Subsidised corporate uniform
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Community fundraising activities
For more information about employee benefits, go to our Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2014-2017 in the Related Information section on this page.