Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot.
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 13 June 2018 Meeting Snapshot
- Council noted the monthly Statutory Planning report for April.
- Council approved planning permit PLA0026/17 for 5 Smith Street in Warragul (known as The Bank Wine Bar) for development of additions to a commercial building and associated works to increase the liquor area permitted.
- Council endorsed the Draft Recreation Strategy 2017-2027 for a 6-week Have Your Say consultation period. See full details at Have Your Say on Draft Recreation Strategy.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council adopted an option for a traffic intersection treatment at Tarwin Street/Sutton Street/Pharaohs Road, which provides improved traffic functionality and road safety. The adopted option is the fourth option outlined in the Economic Impact and Benefit Cost Assessment Report. The officer’s recommendation also includes considering a future report regarding the process for land acquisition and to also advise adjacent property owners of Council’s decision.
- Council received Officer’s reports in relation to petitions received from the residents of:
- Mirboo Yarragon Road, Allambee.
- Shillinglaw Road, Drouin.
- Johnston Street, James and Newel Roads, Longwarry.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 13 June 2018 Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.