Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot.
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 8 November Meeting Snapshot
- Council amended the time of the Planning Information Session being held at the Athlone Hall on Thursday 9 November from 12.00pm - 2.00pm and 5.00pm - 7.00pm.
- Council resolved to make a submission to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning in response to the proposed Sustainable Animal Industries Reforms Consultation Paper. For more information go to Agendas and Minutes.
- Council approved planning permit PLA0210/17 for a liquor licence at 79 Princes Highway in Yarragon, more commonly known as Fozigobble.
- Council noted the Public Health and Wellbeing Plan annual review for 2017.
- Council has supported a sponsorship request for $120 from the West Gippsland Relic Mining and Heritage Protection Inc. to fund site fees at the Victorian Four Wheel Drive Show at Lardner Park in February 2018.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council adopted the Baw Baw Shire Council Road Safety Strategy 2018-22. For more information go to Agendas and Minutes.
- Council accepted the contract for Tender No. 21803CT submitted by Fulton Hogan Industries Pty Ltd for the Bituminous Resealing 2017/18 program for the sum of $715,777 (excluding GST). The contract will see approximately 33.8 kilometres of road repaired across 15 locations. For more information go to Agendas and Minutes.
- Council resolved to fund works required for an improved Fire Abatement System at Glen Cromie Caravan Park from the 2017/18 Capital Works budget.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 8 November Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.