Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot.
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 8 August 2018 Meeting Snapshot
- Council deferred a decision in relation to the discontinuance of a section of Lillico Road until the next Council Meeting (to be held on Wednesday 22 August 2018) in order to receive further information on this matter.
- Council moved an alternate recommendation that subject to the Council decision in relation to the (part) discontinuance of Lillico Road, Council will retain the name Lillico Road including the Northern and Southern sections as outlined in the maps.
- Council noted the Kydd Parke Reserve Jindivick Embankment Project report and refer the identified works in relation to the oval fencing and the development of detailed design work for the oval upgrade to the 2018-2019 budget year subject to the consideration and completion of the Capital Works program for 2017-2018. Furthermore refer an application to the LVA towards the delivery of works.
- Council approved $5,000 in sponsorship to Gippsland Swimming Inc. for the 2019 Victorian Long Course Country Swimming Championships.
- Council endorsed the continuation of the Condom Vending Machine Program at the current service level.
- Council moved an amended recommendation to endorse the Economic Development Strategy and three tourism Destination Action Plans for:
- Walhalla and Mountain Rivers,
- Noojee and Surrounds, and
- Yarragon and Surrounds.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council accepted recommendations in relation municipal road openings, closures and discontinuances for:
- Old Telegraph Road, Crossover,
- Old Sale Road, Drouin West,
- Gallagher Lane, Yarragon,
- 2106 McDonald Track, Thorpdale, and
- Rodier Road, Yarragon.
- Council accepted the recommendation to terminate the lease for Lot 118 Burke Street in Warragul.
- Council accepted the recommendation to terminate the lease for Lot 51 in Drouin.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 8 August 2018 Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.