Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot.
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 14 February 2018 Meeting Snapshot
- Council rejected a planning permit application (PLA0089/17) for the use and development of land for a service Station and convenience restaurant on Princes Way, Drouin. The application will likely be re-considered at a later Council meeting.
- Council approved a planning permit application (PLA0080/17) for the increase in the number of patrons and extension of the licensed area at 111 - 113 Queen Street in Warragul, known as ‘3 Brothers And An Oven’.
- Council adopted an alternate recommendation for the revised Drouin Golf Club Development Plan. See the full details at Agendas and Minutes.
- Council resolved to write a letter of support to the State Minister for Planning for the necessary rezoning of land to allow for a large-scale retail development (including provisions for a Kmart and full-line Bunnings) located at Hazel Drive in Warragul. See the full details at Warragul One Step Closer to Large Retail Development.
- Council resolved to write to the Victorian School Building Authority to confirm Council’s interest in purchasing the former Yarragon Primary School Site through the First Right of Refusal process. See the full details at Next Steps for Yarragon Primary School Site.
- Council approved the following sponsorship requests:
- $3,000 for the Warragul and West Gippsland Agricultural Society Inc. for the for the 2018 Warragul Show.
- $3,000 for the 2018 Gippsland International Women’s Day community event.
- Council adopted the Recreational Vehicle and Tourism Signage Plan.
- Council noted the quarterly performance report for Q2, 2017/18.
- Council noted the financial report for the six months ended 31 December 2017, and the Mid-Year Budget Review.
- Council resolved to engage MidState Credit Collect to 30 November 2019, for debt collection services.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 22 November 2017 Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.