Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot!
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 13 September Meeting Snapshot
Council approved sponsorship requests for:
- $3000 for Olivia’s Place
- $500 for the Gippsland Region Foster Parents and Caregivers Association Inc.
- $3000 for the Drouin and District Business Group
- $475 for the Baw Baw Singers and Warragul Theatre Organ Society
Council noted the report in response to the “Draft Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy” petition. Council also resolved to consider the petition as a feedback submission to be reported to Council at the conclusion of the public consultation process.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council tabled a petition containing 401 signatures calling for the refusal of the planning application submitted by the Ice Meltdown Project (PLA0392/16) to utilise the former Athlone Primary School site.
- Council noted the “Gippsland Regional Road Group – Road Network Priority” report.
- Council noted and endorses the Baw Baw Shire Council work experience and work placement program.
- Council adopted the revised Procurement Policy 2017.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 13 September Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.