Council Meeting Snapshot
Stay up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans with the Council Meeting Snapshot.
Here you’ll be able to find out what key topics have been covered in recent Council meetings, divided into handy categories:
- Vibrant Community
- Thriving Economy
- Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Organisational Excellence
- Consultation and Engagement
- Policies and Documents
To receive monthly Council News Bulletins and fortnightly Council Meeting Snapshots delivered directly to you, subscribe to Council Updates.
Wednesday 11 April 2018 Meeting Snapshot
- Council adopted the Terms of Reference for the Early Years Advisory Committee.
- Council endorsed the engagement plan for the review of the Youth Charter.
- Council agreed to make a submission to the State Government’s proposed Planning Scheme Land Use Terms which outlines:
- Support for additional clarity on land use terms and the use of common and consistent language
- Concern regarding changes to animal husbandry land use terms and definitions; and
- Support for primary produce sales to continue ‘as of right’ in the rural zones.
- Council supported a sponsorship request from the Victorian Men’s Shed Association for $500 for the South East 2018 Cluster brochure.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council consented to a request from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) for the closure and sale of Government roads.
- Council moved an alternate motion to reaffirm the principles of the WomensCharter21 project and elect Cr Tricia Jones, Cr Jessica O’Donnell, Cr Mikaela Power and CEO Alison Leighton to be the Charter Champions.
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 11 April 2018 Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.