Council Meeting Snapshot
Wednesday 12 December 2018 Meeting Snapshot
- Council supported the development of the Paths and Trails Strategy to proceed to community consultation in 2019.
- Council adopted a four-year Youth Strategy titled Building the Best Years to drive key initiatives that promote and support the health and wellbeing of young people. Read more.
- Council moved an alternative motion to adopt Urban Design Frameworks for Neerim South and Trafalgar and undertake further community consultation for the Longwarry Urban Design Framework prior to providing a further report to Council.
- Council noted the Statutory Planning Report for October 2018.
- Council refused planning application PLA0200/16 for the use the land for a service industry and store at 41 Solomons Road, Buln Buln.
- Council moved an alternate motion to approve planning permit PLA0201/18 for the use of the land as a plant nursery in accordance with the endorsed plans (subject to conditions) at 125 Palmer Road, Jindivick.
- Council approved planning application PLA0292/17 for a restaurant/café licence to sell and consume liquor at 21 Mackey Street, Longwarry.
- Council refused planning application PLA0374/17 for the use of land for a hotel, festivals, caravan park and liquor license at Coopers Creek Road, Coopers Creek.
- Council awarded tender 21912CT to Kingbuilt Homes for $698,472 (excluding GST) for the construction of a Tennis/Netball Pavilion at Willow Grove Recreation Reserve.
- Council endorsed the towns of Thorpdale, Erica, Athlone and Jindivick to be the focus of the 2018/19 Placemaking program. The objective of the project is to work with communities in the Shire’s minor townships to develop placemaking projects that have a positive impact to the physical and social character of these townships.
- Council noted that under delegation, the contract for the construction of the Warragul Early Learning Centre (CT21849) has been awarded to Kubale Constructions.
- Council accepted a funding offer of $350,000 from the Department of Education and Training to enable the expansion of Drouin Primary Early Learning Centre.
- Council supported the following sponsorship applications:
- 500 from Koori Kids for the 2019 NAIDOC Week School Initiative Competitions.
- $500 from the Neerim District Community Carols for the 2018 Neerim District Carols.
- Council deferred a resolution to a future meeting, to extend the term of the Business Advisory Board to coincide with the Council term.
Safe and Sustainable Environments
- Council accepted tender 21909CT submitted by Mad Cat Constructions for the sum of $1,544,177 for the next stage of the Warragul CBD Streetscape Project for works on Smith Street.
- Council accepted tender 219014CT submitted by McInnes Earthmoving for the sum of $1,179,858 for pavement widening and improvement works on four sections of Old Sale Road (between Webbs Road and Beards Track in Shady Creek).
- Council accepted tender 21922CT submitted by Fulton Hogan Industries for the sum of $1,485,700.70 for bituminous resealing programmed works (resealing and repair of failed road pavements) in 2018/19 across 29 roads including:
- Invermay Road West, Athlone
- Bona Vista Road, Bona Vista
- Bull Swamp Road, Bona Vista
- Darnum Park Road, Darnum
- Gardner & Holman Road, Drouin
- Lardner Road, Drouin
- Ringin Road, Drouin South
- Mclelland Road, Erica
- Moore Street, Erica
- Old Thompson Valley Road, Erica
- Jacksons Track, Jindivick
- Mason Road, Jindivick
- Hamiltons Road, Lardner
- Hunters Road, Lardner
- Edgar Road, Longwarry
- Narracan Connection Road, Narracan
- Rogers Road, Narracan
- Nayook Powelltown Road, Nayook
- Jindivick Neerim South Road, Neerim South
- Sheffield Road, Neerim South
- Cooks Road, Thorpdale
- McDonald Track, Thorpdale
- Bullock Track Road, Trafalgar
- Centenary Drive, Trafalgar
- Giles Road, Trafalgar
- Yulungah Road, Trafalgar
- Embletons Road, Trafalgar East
- Wrights Road, Warragul South
- Burnett Street, Yarragon
- Council accepted the options presented regarding McDonalds Track in Thorpdale which includes but is not limited to, installing two new crossovers and associated works at 2148 and 2094 McDonalds Track, Thorpdale.
- Council noted the draft Road Prioritisation Matrix, which will support the proposed Capital Investment Framework and inform the review of Council’s Long Term Infrastructure Plan.
- Council executed the updated S6 Instrument of Delegation to members of Council staff
Additionally, Council responded to 8 Questions on Notice submitted by community members.
Want to find out more?
To see the full minutes from the Wednesday 12 December 2018 Council meeting, please go to Agendas and Minutes.
Subscribe to Council News Email Updates for more latest news delivered to you directly by email.