We recognise that Council is limited in the resources it can devote to substantial projects.
For the Shire to achieve its full potential, it is imperative that Council advocates for delivering outcomes in partnership with other levels of government, the private sector, the not-for-profit sector, and the broader community.
To this end, Council has identified priority projects for the Shire that will generate economic activity, employment growth, improved productivity and community benefit:
- West Gippsland Art Centre Redevelopment
- Co-location of Kindergartens on Primary School sites
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group – West Gippsland Hospital
- First/Last Kilometer – Routes to Market
- Visitor Economy and Touring Routes – Sealing South Face Road
- Moe River Levy (North Canal Road)
Baw Baw has been identified as a growth area, but it cannot grow without the infrastructure to support the population increases. Already Baw Baw is the sixth-fastest-growing municipality in the state. The pressures that are already being felt will only get worse without support and assistance.
For more information about Baw Baw Shire Council’s advocacy activities and to find out how we are Working Together, please download the Advocacy Booket in the Related Information section on this page or go to Working Together Booklet - Extended Text for an accessible version of this information.